M.TECH [MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY]
M.Tech is a professional master degree programme awarded to candidates after completion of two years of study in the discipline of engineering. The sole purpose behind designing this course is to produce research engineers who will get positions of “Technologist” in the industries and research institutes.
The major specializations that the students opt for
- Software Engineering
- Distributed Computing
- Advanced Computing
- Power Systems
- Instrumentation & Control Systems
- Micro Electronics and VLSI Design
- Thermal Engineering
- Computer Aided Design & Manufacturing
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Hydraulic and Water Resources Engineering
- Chemical Plant Design
- Chemical Process Design
- Biomedical Engineering
The basic eligibility requirement for admission to M.Tech programme is:
- Candidates who have completed their Techdegree with a valid score in GATE are eligible for MTech degree course.
- Candidates who have completed a 5-year program in Science or Applied Sciences resulting in the award of a Master of Science degree are also eligible for Master of Engineering course.
- Admission is solely based on the rank obtained in the entrance test conducted for M.Tech.
After M.Tech, the students can easily find job in research and development organizations, manufacturing firms and IT companies as Project Manager, Research Associate and Senior Engineers. Generally, most of the students after completing their M.Tech go for academic jobs.